He grabs the reins of a franchise that need to rebuild their on – ice as well as their off – ice product. The organization has also taken many blows to their image. A fact that leaves the new G.M with plenty to do.
Thanks to some spies, here now is a copy of Marc Bergevin’s top ten things to do list;
10. Revoke Pierre Gauthier’s grandmother’s press pass.
9. Send Youppi for a makeover session. His hair colour? Top priority.
8. Elevate Bob Gainey‘s retired number a little higher to the rafters and – in turn … out of the general public’s sight lines.
6. Paint the exterior of the Bell Center a more friendly, ‘ welcoming ‘ shade of blue.
5. Find out how tall Brian Gionta really is …?
4. Make room in garage for the Molson beer delivery that is arriving on Monday.
3. Using Chicago connections – find out if Chris Chelios holds a grudge and if not, does he still have interest in playing?
2. Those kids that skate around just before the Habs take the ice? Call their parents and instill a 5 pm curfew.
Finally, upon seeing the work that lay before him, Marc Bergevin’s number one ‘ thing to do ‘ ?
1. Call Stan Bowman to see how far the bridge was burned behind him!
- Marc Bergevin to be Announced as the Montreal Canadiens’ New G.M. (laforumdemontreal.wordpress.com)
- The Montreal media already likes Marc Bergevin more than Pierre Gauthier (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)
- Assistant GM Marc Bergevin leaves for GM job with Canadiens (suntimes.com)
- Canadiens launch Bergevin era (thesudburystar.com)
- Marc Bergevin, ex-Blackhawks assistant, to be Canadiens GM: Report (thestar.com)
- Marc Bergevin to be new Canadiens GM: report (cbc.ca)
- Marc Bergevin Could Make Montreal Threat Again Following Pierre Gauthier’s Dysfunctional Regime (nesn.com)
- Stan Bowman would’ve recommended Marc Bergevin if Habs asked (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)