It’s a strange feeling.
For the past ‘what seems like ever’ – the city of Montreal has not had very many grey areas when it comes to Le Club de Hockey Canadien. Or – as they have become know; the eHabs …. ( as in commerce ).
In the media, in the streets, in the pubs and in living rooms all across the world, it has either been ranting over the fact they are good or ( more times than the latter) very, very bad …
Suddenly, it is calm in Montreal. No one really knows what to do. No one really understands this club that takes to la glace these days. They (the team) are looking for an identity. The fans are looking also. What team do they cheer for? Who are these guys that take our money?
Is it the team which appeared almost too easily to beat the New Jersey Devils? A squad which is first in the Eastern Conference. Or – is it the silly bunch of skaters who appeared like deer in the headlights when those noted champions – The Toronto Maple Leafs arrived at Le Centre Bell for what turned into a game of shinny …?
Marc Bergevin don’t know. Michel Therrien don’t know. The dude who waved hello to Eddy Palchak for sixteen years every morning on his way to work don’t know. They are a team which seem sound. For now …
Something will happen.
What? A betting man who loves the underdog won’t bet on the team winning a Stanley Cup nor will the same man’s hooker girlfriend allow him to bet the other way. An implosion is due. An explosion imminent.
Will the eHabs skate out against The Mighty Bruins and spank the Bostonian’s monkeys with goals and fists? Perhaps the destruction will take place as Michel ( aka Rodney Dangerfield) Therrien loses control of his ‘I have a second chance demeanor’ and tosses P.K Subban into the penalty box with his non – ringed hands. Any hockey man knows a Therrien meltdown is coming. It’s a matter of time.
Will it be just as the eHabs discover themselves on the crease of victory or will it be just before Tomas Kaberle flings a four million dollar water bottle at Madame Therrien’s son’s French Canadian head? Pressing questions for serious Montreal hockey questions.
The eHabs will find out who they are. The fans will find out as well. Therrien?
Guy Carbonneau can let him in on things once the eHabs stop playing hockey in 2013.
With or without a Stanley Cup ring blocking his ears …
- Leafs’ Mikhail Grabovski avoids suspension for alleged bite (cbc.ca)
- The Habs; Same Old Song and Dance … (laforumdemontreal.wordpress.com)
- Therrien shakes up Canadiens’ lines (canada.com)
- Goodbye, ‘Triple Low Five:’ Michel Therrien hates fun, so Canadiens lose post-game ritual (sbnation.com)
- Habs’ Gallagher out with concussion (metronews.ca)
- Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: NHL hockey returns to Montreal (sbnation.com)
- Isabelle Mercier Returns at WPT Montreal (pokerlistings.com)
- Toronto Maple Leafs’ Mikhail Grabovski faces disciplinary hearing (metronews.ca)
- Now calm and cool, Habs’ Therrien growing as head coach (theglobeandmail.com)