A fact which treds on the road of prohibition of the language and civil liberties in this town.
Mitch Melnick – a man who has fought and created a station that not only gives a voice to English sports fans in this province, it allows him and his colleagues to provide educated and street – smart views that only anglophone Montrealers could provide to the listeners.
The French stations such as RDS, maintain a monopoly on hockey and although they provide great coverage of the beloved Canadiens de Montreal, their views stem from the legacy of the Rocket, Beliveau and Lafleur. The French culture‘s views on the team.
Within this scope of talent, there lies the Blakes, the Harveys and the Robinsons. The English legacy which countered the French etoiles so elegantly.The Pollocks, the Bowmans – the Irvins.
A time when sports transcended the language barrier. Eras when the coach of the Habs had to win and not worry about ordering Sheppard’s Pie in French.
Melnick et al provide a more balanced, just way of gazing at the pastures of sports in this city.
French broadcasters and some of the French – Canadian fans have driven the Habs into a rusty garage filled with soiled rags of the past jaded with mis-informed views of the team’s successes and history.
Who should be removed from the airwaves?
- Eric Engels: The Loss of TSN/The Team 990 (hockeybuzz.com)
- Team 990′s pending conversion sends Montreal sports fan into a lather (theglobeandmail.com)
- Bell Plans Flip Of TSN Radio 990/Montreal To French Sports, Habs Headed Back To CJAD (allaccess.com)
- Might as well plan to spend the fall getting to know the family, fellas (o.canada.com)
- Dreger: Hartley-to-Montreal rumors are “untrue” (prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com)
- Calvillo returns to Alouettes practice after having MRI (tsn.ca)
- Former Alouettes S Boulay accepts contract with Argonauts (tsn.ca)
- Stampeders sign Canadian QB Sinopoli (tsn.ca)
- Bell Media Plans Spinoff Of Up To 10 Stations To Get Astral Purchase Done (allaccess.com)